What do you do Jean Railla?
I help organizations tell better stories across print, web and social platforms. I conduct qualitative research, develop case studies and build content strategies. I consider context, platform and engagement while maintaining an overall cohesive brand narrative. I lead brainstorms, spearhead trainings and consult on brand strategy.
And sometimes I simply write copy.
My official title is Strategist/Senior Copywriter and in this capacity I have worked with luxury brands (La Mer), retailers (Walmart), start-ups (Spoilit), and non-profits (Center for Artistic Activism).
I gravitate towards projects aimed at women; food, home, beauty, fashion and crafts. I also have experience working with start-ups and launches..
A few of my favorite projects:
- I concepted, launched and ran the indie website Get Crafty, the first hip/feminist crafting forum and online magazine. I then went onto to author Get Crafty: Hip Home Ec (Broadway Books).
- To relaunch Get Crafty, I hired an NYU student Rob Kalin, and then helped him concept and strategize a little handcrafted marketplace you might have heard of called Etsy.
- I was the writer behind the award-winning NIKEGoddess web site while at R/GA and was consistently inspired by the athletes I interviewed.
- Directed and produced a documentary about my life in the LA music scene called “5 Nights Out.”
- Currently working with the luxury brand La Mer on all sorts of print, digital and social campaigns. (My evening beauty ritual is now 6 steps.)